Unicef's Tap Project began just six years ago, and has raised over $3 million dollars in the U.S. Their goal is so simple in theory but may be monumental in action: let's live in a world where 0 children die from preventable causes. Although Unicef's water crisis page reports that tragically almost 4,000 children die from water-related diseases, efforts like this have given improved drinking water access to more than 2 billion people in the last 20 years. While there is still a ways to go, don't ever believe that you can't make a difference.
During World Water Week, coming up March 19th-25th, thousands of restaurants nationally will be participating to fund a massive push for Unicef's water sanitizing efforts. We forget how lucky we are to have clean water readily available, so during World Water Week at participating venues, patrons can give $1 for their normally free tap water, which will help provide sanitary water for millions of people in worldwide. Grab a group and head to your local participant: just click to find a restaurant.
How to Help:
- Get a $1 glass of water with your glass of wine on date night, or split a pitcher of water on girls' night, and provide sanitary water to someone in need.
- Make a tax-deductible donation online: just $5 can make an enormous difference!
- Volunteer by promoting the campaign yourself, hosting a fundraiser or joining a local event: over 75 are registered online.
- Register your Restaurant to participate! While it's too late to receive the printed materials in the mail, you can still add your restaurant to the list and print the participation kit.
- Get social: "LIKE" the Unicef Tap Project on Facebook or follow them on Twitter. (and Tap Project National Sponsor Giorgio Armani Fragrances will donate $1 for each Facebook user who “likes” the Acqua For Life page until March 31, up to $100,000)
Never take for granted something that 800 million people have to go without. Change the world a glass of water at a time with the Unicef Tap Project!